Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The main purpose for starting this blog is to talk about my son, Collin James, who was stillborn on July 1st, 2010. I know it can be an uncomfortable subject for some people, so those people who know me and want to know what happened, or whats going on with me, they can come here. Everyday is a different battle for me it seems, and writing helps. thank you for reading, and don't be afraid to comment if you are here!

Followers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Support

I started going to a support group the other. It's held at the hospital where Collin was born, and ran by the chaplain at the hospital, whom I had the pleasure of meeting with several times during my hospital stay. I wish we had met under better circumstances.

I feel like so many wounds were re-opened. Almost like I feel raw. But I know that I need to work though these feelings, they won't just go away, and I can't just ignore them. But I also feel as though this is going to be a great thing for me. Finally, I might be able to help someone else with their healing. It's strange being in a room with everyone who has been through what you have, or something very similar. It makes it a bit more real... yet it helps you realize that you're not alone.

I'm hoping to look forward... to more healing. To having some comfort that something good has come out of all this. It's so hard to see any good right now, but I know I will someday.

Another exciting thing... we're participating in the Walk to Remember Los Angeles on October 9th. October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month, and October 15th is the actual rememberance day. I can't wait to do the walk. We're making T-shirts for "Team Collin". This is the first annual walk. I hope to be able to get more involved as the years go by.

A couple small things to help heal the wounds that are so deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment